FragExt is a free application and shell extension set, designed to help you manage file fragmentation on FAT, FAT32 and NTFS volumes.
The set includes:
- A unique file defragmenter which allows you to defragment specific files rather than an entire volume.
- A file property extension for displaying detailed information about a file's, folder's and NTFS data stream's fragmentation information.
- Windows Explorer column and info-tip extensions for displaying file fragments, extents, clusters, disk space usage and alternate data streams.
- Integration extensions for simplifying the use of the FragExt defragmenter, allowing you to select and defragment files directly from within Windows Explorer.
- Simple reporting features allowing you to save the information FragExt gathers.
- A scriptable defragmentation engine, allowing you to create your own custom utilities.